Come Home To Condo Living
Looking for a place to call your own but without some of the traditional hassles of home ownership – like yard work? Then you may want to consider purchasing a condominium. Condos are popular for a number of reasons including size, location, amenities and, of course, limited lawn care and maintenance responsibilities.
Only You Can Decide
Based on your lifestyle, your budget and your personal preferences – if condo living is right for you.
To Help, We’ve Devised This Condo Readiness Quiz:
- Do you want or need to minimize the time you spend on yard work and household maintenance chores?
- Do you favor “extras” such as a swimming pool, fitness center, party house or storage facility?
- Do you need to reduce your monthly mortgage expenses?
- Are you comfortable paying a condo fee (averaging $200-$700 monthly) in exchange for upkeep of common areas, including snow plowing, leaf removal, parking lot maintenance and lawn mowing?
- Are you willing to submit to the rules and regulations for your community set forth by a condo board?
Condo Living May Be In Your Future
If you answered yes to one or more questions, condo living may be in your future.
Consider the following next steps:
- Look at both single-family homes and condos before narrowing your selection.
- Talk with current condo owners to get a feel for the pros and cons of condo living.
- Ask for specifics about condo fees, rules and regulations. (Some condo boards assess additional charges for maintenance work outside of routine maintenance.)
- Talk with your Signature Service/RE/MAX Associates buyer’s agent to learn more about other things you should know before buying a condo.
- Relax and enjoy looking at your options. There’s no substitute for diligent research and self-reflection.