Gathering the Facts
Buyers Want Details
Buyers want to know details; having answers is a powerful tool. A RE/MAX Associates Sales Representative will use the information you provide to answer questions, create an advantageous listing and devise an exciting marketing campaign that attracts the right kind of buyer for your home.
Help your sales professional by collecting or providing the following information:
- The legal description of the property.
- The number of rooms and their sizes.
- A list of things not attached to the house that you’re offering for sale, such as window treatments, carpet, fixtures, swing sets, etc.
- Past utility bills, property taxes and insurance.
- Information about your mortgage, including the type, terms and assume ability.
- Financing assistance, potentially through your own lender.
- Any liens against the property.
- If you live in a condominium or a townhouse, include a copy of the association’s declaration, bylaws, and financial statement, monthly fee’s and any special assessments.
- Special items or improvements about the house (Point out things that may not be apparent on a walk-through).
- The positive points about your neighborhood, such as demographic information and proximity to services, shopping, schools and other areas.
- Any defects that aren’t apparent (You should inform your sales associate about defects so a buyer can be informed).